The Best Fertility Supplements of 2023
When it comes to fertility, it is crucial to prioritize a healthy lifestyle. While maintaining a diverse diet, engaging in regular physical exercise, and adopting proper lifestyle habits are essential for reproductive health, incorporating daily dietary supplements can also be beneficial. Multiple vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients have been known to provide impressive advantages for both female and male fertility, such as improving sperm and egg quality, promoting ovulation, facilitating conception, and supporting pregnancy.
What are the best supplements for fertility?
Research shows that certain nutrients — including vitamins, minerals, and other natural compounds — may support fertility. Most are antioxidants, which are nutrients that protect against cellular damage caused by harmful molecules, called free radicals or reactive oxygen species (ROS)1. While necessary for some processes, like ovulation, too many can result in oxidative stress and inflammation, which can damage cell health. While the research is still developing, antioxidants may support female and male fertility benefits.
CoEnzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
A naturally produced substance found in almost all cells, coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is an antioxidant vital for various cellular functions2. Some studies have shown that CoQ10 may improve women’s egg quality3, ovulation, and conception. For men, CoQ10 may support sperm health and quality4, boosting egg fertilization chances.
Inositol, a natural sugar, has multiple forms, including Myo-Inositol, an antioxidant shown to benefit cellular and hormonal function, as well as insulin and blood sugar (glucose) regulation. It may also support egg and embryo quality, pregnancy, and in vitro fertilization (IVF) outcomes for women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)5, a common infertility factor.
A family of healthy fats, these antioxidants possess anti-inflammatory properties. Also called omega-3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) are crucial for cellular function, hormone production, immunity, and endocrine health. For women’s fertility health6, taking omega-3s may improve ovulation, hormonal production, and egg quality, while also supporting pregnancy, and fetal and infant development7. Among men, omega-3s may benefit sperm health and function8.
Vitamin C, or L-ascorbic acid, is an essential antioxidant shown to benefit iron absorption, wound healing, immunity, and cardiovascular and vision health. Together with vitamin E, it may improve egg quality, fertilization, and ovulation. Alone, vitamin C may support conception and reduce birth defect risks. For men, vitamins C and E may improve sperm health, libido, and erectile dysfunction9.
Vitamin D is an antioxidant integral to multiple body processes10, including cellular function, energy production, immunity, bone and muscle health, and cardiovascular health. Vitamin D may support egg quality, hormonal health, pregnancy, and IVF outcomes. For men, vitamin D promotes sperm development and quality, and testosterone production.
An essential antioxidant, folic acid, as well as the synthetic and more absorbable form of folate11 (vitamin B9), is crucial for DNA and RNA function, cellular health, and red blood cell production. All women of reproductive age should take folic acid, as it’s been shown to support conception, early pregnancy, and menstruation. For men, it may support sperm health and count, as well as erectile dysfunction.
Our Fertility Supplement Recommendations for 2023
Infertility is a growing concern, affecting about 9% of American men and 11% of women of reproductive age. Many individuals and couples take daily supplements to improve their conception rates and ensure healthy and successful pregnancies. However, before taking any supplements, you want reassurance that they’re safe, effective, and contain high-quality ingredients.
For these reasons, The Prelude Network® has partnered with NutraBloom, as we know first-hand how awesome and impactful these nutritional supplements are for your fertility. All supplements are formulated with one goal in mind: to support your reproductive health, no matter where you are on your path to parenthood. NutraBloom’s supplements were created and developed by physicians with more than 80 years of combined medical experience, making them world-class fertility experts.
Not all fertility supplements are created equally, as the interest in holistic care has resulted in a market flooded with supplements. Many claim to offer exceptional benefits, while containing ineffective or harmful ingredients. The NutraBloom product line is backed by solid scientific evidence and formulated based on the latest fertility nutrition research. The products are free from contaminants, never tested on animals, and evaluated for purity by an outside reference laboratory. You’ll be taking clinical-grade nutraceuticals, in their optimal forms and amounts.
Find the Fertility Supplement That’s Best for You
NutraBloom carries a wide variety of supplements designed for your fertility and reproductive health.
Fertility Supplements for Women
- Ovarian Support Kit – Combining a powerful Preconception Formula and Probiotic 50 Billion, this kit promotes egg quality and quantity, while supporting the ideal conception conditions.
- PCOS Conception Kit – This sustainable, simple routine, featuring an Inositol Blend and Preconception Formula, includes antioxidants to help women with PCOS decrease insulin resistance and re-establish normal menstrual cycles and ovulation.
- PCOS Support Kit – Combining the Inositol Blend with Probiotic 50 Billion, this kit restores and maintains your gut’s healthy bacterial balance.
Fertility Supplements for Men
- Male Fertility Kit – Featuring a high-quality Male Fertility Formula and Omega-3, this provides the proper supplements for optimal sperm health and quality.
- Male Fertility Strength Kit Plus – A combination of NutraBloom’s Male Fertility Formula and Omega-3 with Premium Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate, a healthy protein supplement.
Fertility Supplements for Couples
- Couple’s Conception Kit – This simple, sustainable routine combines NutraBloom’s Male Fertility Formula with the women’s Preconception Formula, providing ingredients difficult to meet through diet alone.
- Couple’s Conception + PCOS Kit – One kit provides everything from the Couple’s Conception Kit, plus Probiotic 50 Billion and Inositol Blend for added PCOS support.
Other Specialty Supplements for Fertility and Beyond
- Prenatal vitamins – Formulated for your maternal and fetal health needs, these essential supplements ensure you and your baby’s nutritional support before, during, and after pregnancy, including vitamin A, folate, biotin, and omega-3.
- Multivitamins – Two daily gummies promote all-natural, comprehensive support, including vitamins A, C, and E, biotin, and folate.
- Hair, Skin, and Nails – These non-GMO, gluten-free gummies offer a precise combination of nutrients shown to enhance beauty and strength from within, including vitamins A, C, D, and E, biotin, folate, and B-6.
Supplement Your Fertility Journey in 2023
Research shows that various nutritional supplements may benefit fertility and reproductive health. Formulated by renowned physicians and fertility experts, NutraBloom supplements are evidence-based and incorporate the latest research. We encourage you and your partner to discuss your specific health concerns with your fertility specialist. You can also visit Nutrabloom’s website for more information.