Fertility information and education
1 out of 8
couples experiences infertility
and is initially defined as an inability to conceive:
- After 12 months of unprotected intercourse if you are 35 or younger
- After 6 months of unprotected intercourse if you are 35 or older
of those instances
come down to one of three factors:
- Male factor – includes low sperm production, abnormal sperm function, and blockages
- Ovarian factor – declining quality and quantity of eggs with age
- Tubal factor – fallopian tube blockages that do not allow sperm and egg to meet
If you are 40 or older and are trying to conceive, it’s recommended that you talk to your doctor about it as soon as possible.
No matter what the circumstances, you are not alone on your fertility journey, and The Prelude Network® is here to support you with resources on your topic of interest. Check out our latest news stories and videos to learn more about how we’re supporting patients through education and outreach.