Effective Date: December 1, 2016
This Policy may be updated from time to time for any reason and if so the effective date set forth above will be changed. We will notify you of any material changes to the Policy by posting a notice on this website ("Site") and/or by some other means. You should consult this Policy regularly for any changes. Please note that this Policy will govern your use of the Services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding it. If you use the Services after any changes to the Policy have been posted, that means you agree to all such changes.
We take reasonable measures to help protect personal information collected through the Site from loss, theft, misuse, and other unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Site.
Links to other sites
This Site is not designed nor intended to be attractive to or used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect from children under the age of 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY INFORMATION TO US.
Prelude may be contacted at:
Prelude Fertility, Inc. 1100 Johnson Ferry Road NE Atlanta, Georgia 30342 firstname.lastname@example.org
A. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We collect several types of information through the Services:
1. GENERAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Personal information is information about you that can be used by itself, or combined with other information, to personally identify you ("Personal Information"). We automatically collect information that you submit when you visit our Site, including registration information (your name, email or postal address, telephone number and user name and password), your device's IP address, and statistics about how you use the Site. Information that has been de-identified such that it cannot be connected to an individual is not considered Personal Information for purposes of this Policy.
In addition to logging information about your visit, we may use various tracking mechanisms such as cookies, web beacons and embedded scripts (collectively, "Tracking Technologies") to automatically collect information about interactions with our Site or e-mails.
Web Beacons are small graphic images, also known as "Internet tags" that are embedded in web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be used for various purposes, such as to count the number of visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, or to verify how many articles or links were actually viewed.
Embedded Scripts are designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site. These scripts are temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server, or the server of a third party with whom we work.
2. EMAILS AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS AND YOUR CHOICES
If you have provided us with your contact information, we may use that information to communicate with you about your account, or to address your questions.
If you have given us consent by providing us your contact information, we may from time to time, subject to your marketing preferences, send you educational, marketing, product support, and research emails.
Our third-party mail service provider provides us with anonymized and aggregated demographic information about the respondents to our emails. In addition, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our Services.
We may also ask you to participate in surveys. These surveys are purely optional and help us improve the Services and provide aggregate information, which we think may interest our registered users and visitors. If you choose to participate in a Prelude survey, any information you provide to us, including Personal Information, will be linked with your account in our system and to any Personal Information contained therein. We will not share the Personal Information you provide through a contest or survey with other parties unless we give you prior notice and you approve the sharing.
3. SOCIAL MEDIA
B. HOW WE USE THIS INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, as described throughout this Policy, including to:
- Provide and deliver Services you request
- Internally operate and maintain the Services (such as for the purposes of fixing malfunctions, testing our security systems, etc.)
- Allow you to participate in interactive features included in the Services
- Personalize your experience and customize content, marketing, and recommendations
- Send you press releases, general informative announcements, and promotional information about Prelude and our products and Services
- Analyze, use, and learn about the interests of our users in the aggregate to better understand your interests and needs or to aid us in serving you better
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts, consents and other documents entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- Protect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent, unauthorized and illegal activity, or violations of our policies
- Pursue our general commercial interests such as to improve our Site, grow our business and offer you our own, our affiliates' or third-party products or services that we think you may find of interest
- Notify you about changes to the Services or any products or services we offer or provide
We allow selected third parties to place cookies through the Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about consumers' online activities over time and across different websites when they use our Site. We may also permit third-party service providers to place cookies through our Site to perform analytic or marketing functions where you are notified of them and you have consented to that usage. We do not control the use of such third-party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
Information about your use of the Site and other websites may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services, and used for various purposes such as to associate different devices you use, and to deliver relevant and retargeted content, including interest-based ads.
C. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information as follows:
- With third parties that support our business, such as to process payments, to provide accounting services or to store and/or process information collected through the Services, and that are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and adequately protected and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Personal Information is shared with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy.We may disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-Personal Information, such as usage statistics of our Services, to our affiliates and third parties for a variety of reasons, including for research and development, product or service improvements, and other related business purposes.
- With a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, provided the data is adequately protected. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party (subject to your consent, where required by applicable law).
- To fulfill the purpose(s) for which you provide it (for example, if you consent to us posting to a third-party account on your behalf), for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, or otherwise with your consent.
D. RIGHT TO OPT OUT
You may opt out of receiving general emails from Prelude at any time by "unsubscribing" using the instructions in any email you receive from us. This will not stop us from sending emails about your account or your transactions with us.